Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Never too old for
smelling great

My grandmother was a woman before her time. Florence was born in 1904, yet wore short skirts and even made her own perfume. I was never lucky enough to sample her concoctions, but one of my aunts recalls smelling lavender and nutmeg frequently in their kitchen while growing up.

After learning this, I secretly wondered if Florence had ever gotten the two ingredients confused. "Lavender pie" would have been quite a surprise on the dinner table at Easter and a little dab of "Eau de Nutmeg" behind my grandma's ear would certainly have made my grandfather hungry - for something.

Although I switched perfumes frequently in my younger years, I wore only White Shoulders during my 40s and well into my 50s. I could not be convinced to try anything else. Until I stopped smoking. (I'll celebrate my 5th year of being a non smoker at 5 p.m. December 28, 2010.)

Once I stopped smoking for a few days, I realized how horrible I had smelled to others for many years. I had to wash or creatively deodorize everything I owned - clothes, books, drapes, stuffed animals, never-used makeup brushes, even my walls. As non smokers have always known, tobacco makes everything reek!

So once I stopped stinking, I decided to ever-after smell delicious. While doing online searches for various perfumes, I found FragranceNet.com and was able to play around with sample sizes of all kinds of scents. What fun!

I am now in love with several different perfumes, with my top 5 favorites being: Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, Delicious DKNY by Donna Koran, Romance by Ralph Lauren, and Miss Dior Cherie by Dior. If you check out the web site link below, you can go find your favorites too and save a bunch of money while doing so.

FragranceNet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment