Thursday, September 16, 2010

Never too old for...
gettin' your jelly on

Anyone besides me remember the 60s song by Tommy Roe, "Jam Up and Jelly Tight"? I think of that song every time I get my jelly on. Say what? Yeah, I said jelly. I try to take a jelly bath once a week. Never had a jelly bath? Trust me; it's like nothing you've ever experienced.

The past 3 years have been a time of discovery for me. My chronic back pain and desire to get rid of it has let me to the Internet to do lots of research for non-drug treatments. It was during one of those searches that I stumbled upon jelly baths. The article said these indulgent, fragrant delights can ease pain and even claimed they can pamper at a fraction of the cost of any spa.

Now, I'm not talking about opening a few boxes of gelatin and pouring it in as my bath water fills the tub. The product is aptly called Jelly Bath and comes in a little box of granules that melt into your bath water. Only it doesn't stop there. Jelly Bath actually changes the "viscosity" of your bath water into a scented Jell-O mold that cocoons you with warm, soft, sensual, scented wonderfulness. Supposedly, it retains your bath's heat four times as long as a regular bath.

I do know I am able to relax and meditate longer than regular bath times use to allow. The whole experience makes me feel like a kid whose dream has come true - the one where I fall into a big pot of the jiggly stuff and have to eat my way out.

Jelly Bath comes in four different fragrances to address various needs. There's my favorite, herb mint, spot-on for general aches and pains or stuffed up noses. Lavender is perfect for relaxing before bed after a crazy day. If you are battling dry skin, the calming milk formulation will be a hit, and lemon grass is amazing as a therapeutic little foot soak.

I don't care how old we get, none of us will ever be too old to wear lipstick and to get our jelly on! Try it soon and let me know under "Comments" what you think.

~ Until next time, don't act your age! ~

3 comments:

  1. This jelly bath seems interesting, but it begs the question: "how do you get the jelly out of the tub?" Would love to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You eat your way out of it! Hahaha.

    Seriously, though, Jelly Bath comes with a "dissolution" packet. Once your bath in jelly is over, just sprinkle the contents of that packet into the tub and, after about 15 minutes, it dissolves the Jelly Bath back into bath water. Add some more water to the mix and drain it all away. By the way, Jelly Bath is safe for pipes and septic tanks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see this blog. You Rock. And I simply adore you. Always have, always will.

    ReplyDelete