Saturday, September 18, 2010

Never too old for...
a maid

Perhaps it's the summer of my discontent, but when I turned 57 in July, I decided it was time for a maid. But I'm not talking about the traditional sort of domestic helper here.

Actually, if I weren't happily married to the sweet man snoring beside me in bed tonight as I write this, I would be interviewing for a handsome young man to stop by once a week and clean the house, the pool, the car, the dogs, the dishes, the dryer vent...

Ah, but I digress...

I have bone spurs and degenerative arthritis in my lower back, and the pain is truly excruciating at times. But I'm in good health otherwise and usually feel like I'm only about 40. I don't need a maid - yet. However, my pain is worse when I have to stand or walk for any length of time, so I do need some help. I'll cheer anything that can keep me from having to walk, walk, walk, or do a lot of bending and stretching, movements the doctors say I should avoid.

After performing lots of Internet research, I found Alice. Where has she been all my life? She tracks down our favorite brands, even some I've forgotten, and she gets them directly from the manufacturer. (Think "less mark up!") She saves us money on everything from razors to fabric softener. We don't have to waste gasoline going from store to store to catch all the sales. And no matter how big our order, we never have to pay to have it all shipped right to our back door, all of which also helps my back enormously.

Alice is a really efficient resource for men and women of all ages and I'm excited to share her with all of you. Alice will not charge you a fee, yet she'll get you the very best deals on your choice of brands, she'll remind you when it's time to reorder, and she'll track down any available coupons for the items as you order them. Check her out. I think you'll find Alice is an angel.

~ Until next time, don't act your age! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment